Ultra Rapid Fire Mode, or URF Mode, is the most recent gametype on the League of Legends Live Client. As I’m sure many of you have played it I am not going to go into detail as to what it is, but I am going to mention a few of my favorite champions and list the the reasons why I like them so much. Once you have read this post I would like to ask you for your favorite champions in the League of Legends URF Mod.
My favorite champions in URF Mode:
1. Blitzcrank – Hook, E, R, Dead. Repeat. AP Blitzcrank is hilariously fun to play in this game mode, and his cooldowns are all very low. Hitting a hook on a squishy target is almost instant death for them.
2. Maokai – The burst, the chase potential, the damage, the sapling traps… This champion is way too fun to play in URF Mode. Maokai can chase down and stun opponents across Summoner’s Rift, while also throwing saplings (or presents if you’re awesome and use the Festive Maokai skin), and dealing tons of damage to enemies around him. Want to have some real fun? Sit in a bush that and stack saplings in it, then lure an opponent into the bush and watch them get deleted instantly.
3. Thresh – Essentially a 0 second Cooldown on your hook if you hit it. If that’s not fun I don’t know what is.
4. Elise / Jayce – Both of these champions are ridiculously fun to play because of their ability to switch forms. You have so many abilities that are off cooldown at any given moment that you confuse yourself more than anything. I had a blast switching between forms and face rolling my keyboard for games on end.
5. Ashe – W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W. Then some R’s. Then W W W W W W W W W W W W W. Then GG.
6. Soraka – Just… hilarious. Good luck killing her is all I can tell you.
7. Nunu – Baron and Dragon are no match for the Nunu. Have fun soloing the jungle and never needing to back for anything!
8. Riven – If you want to face roll some enemies, here’s your champion. You are given endless chase potential with a shield that has nearly a 0 second cooldown. It’s almost silly if you lose.
9. Ziggs – Bombs away!
10. Mundo – Such health, much cleavers.
These are my Top 10 Champions to play in URF (for fun, not to win). Please comment with your favorite champions to play for this League of Legends Thoughts – URF Mode post!